Tip 6: Plan for your content for the web design
If you would like to develop a web site which can help your business, you must be clear the reasons for a web site and web design firstly. Only then can you choose content that supports that aim. For example, you may need to create a portal or putting tutorials online giving the visitors a reason to visit your website if your aim is to use the website to increase referrals from your existing customer base.
The following points should be noted when writing for the web:
- Good website content is customer-focused.
- Talk about the user benefits of your products or services but not features.
- Use facts, not hype to push products.
- Write concisely and do not repeat the same idea in the different sentences.
- Write accurately and clearly. Otherwise, it may look amateur and not reliable.
Customers judge your company by looking at your website.
- Avoid duplicate content to eliminate penalties from search engines.
- Indicate the currency of your prices.
For details of our other web services, please refer to:
- Web Design Tips
- Web Design Process
- Web Design FAQ
- eShop FAQ
- Web Hosting FAQ
- Web Design Glossary
- eCommerce Glossary
- SEO Glossary
- Web Hosting Glossary